Monday, June 29, 2009

the box



So its been leaked out that I have a book in the works. And dont worry people, it is coming soon. But just to quench everyones thirst, I wrote this to hold you over until the book is released. So check this out, and tell me what you think. There is a lot of meanings and hidden illiteration in this simple writing of mine. So here it is:


the box



Once I opened my eyes, all I could see was this vast land that appeared to be the same in every direction. So I started to walk. I walked until I could walk no more. Not because I was tired; but because of the barriers that were placed on me. In each direction I did the same. But once my destination reached me, the first barrier appeared again. I jumped. I jumped. And I jumped. But the top seemed so far away. As I looked up, all I could see was darkness. I was boxed in. So I closed my eyes. Soon my eyes opened again. And the light was so bright that I turned my gaze from the top to the bottom. And in the near distance, I saw a box. I immediately approached the box, only to find that it was filled with nothing. So I starred at the box for hours on end. But I could not figure out its purpose. So I decided to look in the box once more. This time was no different than the last; it was empty. As I slowly started to look away; I saw something out of the corner of my eye. So amazed at what I was seeing, I started to hyperventilate. Blowing fiercely into the box, I started to move. The wind was now blowing hard. I felt calm, as the wind stopped. I needed to see in the box much clearer, so I tore one of the flaps off of the top so I could shine some light into the box. Knowing how bright the light was to me; I decided to turn the box periodically, so it can be in darkness also. As I starred in the box; ever watching what went on inside of it. I became obsessed. I would watch night and day; wondering if what I was seeing was real. I watched until I then feel asleep. Once I opened my eyes, all I could see was a tree. Seeing this tree; I immediately gazed into the box. What came next; almost killed me. I passed out. And when I finally awaken; it seemed if I had been sleep for years. From a far closeness, I saw a woman approaching me. But where did she come from? I gazed into the box, just as a fruit fell from the tree. As I was hypnotized at what took place in the box; the woman tapped me on the shoulder. As I looked at her, she handed me the fallen fruit; and then glanced into the box. Now what happened next still puzzles me to this day. We both starred into the box; and watched tomorrows yesterday. Baffled at what persisted; we closed our eyes. And when we opened them; we finally could see outside of the box.




by

-Mark 'Blu Hefner' Stevens




Proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment