Friday, July 17, 2009

Walk With Me


What's good everybody. I'm back with something new for everyone. This right here is a part of a chapter I'm writing in my bruh Willie Eaton's upcoming book. I hope everyone can see the emotion and background in this. Well here it is:





“Thank you”.

The hand holding my hand was so much bigger than my own. I can remember thinking that I wanted my hands to be that big when I grew up. It’s as if I wanted to be that exact person when I got older. I went to class every day faithfully, so I could grow up and use my mind for something great. I saw all of the trophies around the house; so I played sports so that I could have some trophies of my own. Seeing the lack of money that came into the house, I learned how to budget. Feeling the lack of food that came into the house, I learned how to survive. The person whose hand held mine, I seen do many things. But there was one thing I never seen those hands do; and that was leave.

One morning I woke up, and to my surprise there was no one holding my hand any more. I looked up and down for that powerful hand that used to hold mine. That same hand, that excelled in school. That same hand, that triumphed in sports. The same hand, that brought money in the house. But to no avail, I could not find those hands any where. I asked all who would know, “where had those hands gone?”. But I did not get an answer back. It seems as if they were as affected and hurt as I was that the hands had left. Now that the hands had gone; I had become accustomed to hearing all the wrong things that those hands had done. And after some contemplation I realized that I too had witnessed all of those things; but chose to overshadow them with the good things.

I started missing class, and my mind would constantly drift away from me. At my basketball games I would look into the stands, and those hands I remember were never there. Since the money that the hands provided was translucent; I was forced to use my hands to move. Time after time my hands were used to move from one place to another. And as all of this was going on, I began to despise those hands I once envied. All I had were my hands now. And the hands that tried to help me, I would shy away from. Because it wasn’t those hands job, to do all the things that the previous hands had done before. So I used my hands to do what I could, so that my hands would be way different than the hands that used to hold mine.

I graduated high school. I graduated college. And I became successful; all with the use of my hands. I was self made. But I know I wouldn’t have made it this far without the help of my number 1 fan. My number 1 fan was there every step of the way. And I definitely appreciate the hands of my number 1 fan; which tried hard to fill the void of the hands that were missing.

Now I turn around and look across the busy street we just crossed. And I realize that it was hard for me to cross it alone. But now I look down at the small hand that is in mine, and say,

“Your Welcome”.



-Mark 'Blu Hefner' Stevens



----PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-----

If you have a chance to help out in a young males life, then get involved. Because if we don't, then who will. The fathers aren't around. So us positive male role models need to step in and show these little boys how to be men.




Proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment