Thursday, July 23, 2009

tear drop



Although the rain, keeps falling down; I know the sun, wont wash away. As I walk slowly through the park on this brisk autumn day, a slight smile comes to my face. The leaves fall delicately to the ground as if they were feathers from an angels wings. Beautiful colors ravish the landscape, as green, red, yellow, and orange leaves float on a cushion once reserved for our souls royalty. Each blink is like taking a snap shot of a perfect painting, which seems to get better with age. My mind wanders as I watch a couple sit on their picnic blanket, and just bask in the enjoyment of each other. If you could only see their smiles like I do, you wouldn’t be able to help but wonder if they notice the numerous geese fighting with each other in the near distance. Such a beautiful moment; who would want it to ever end? A warmness emerges my body, like the summer wind on a cold winter day. I guess this Escada scarf was worth the purchase. Love is in the air. Its like I’m perusing through a beautiful movie. My steps are lighter now. Young love; isn’t it wonderful? I would sit down but it seems that a couple is on the bench arguing. The girl is sad. A part of love that I want to forget, but keep getting confronted with, with every seasons turn. The young man hands her a card, which seems to be handmade. The girls frown turns into tears, and her eyes began to smile. Happiness again; my soul has relaxed in the moment. That little boy is running rather fast. I hope he doesn’t trip on his un-tied shoelaces. But at last he does; right into the big pile of leaves he was aiming for. Laughter moved throughout the park, as if being chased by a clown at a birthday party. I remember jumping in the leaves when I was a young child. But now I’m more concerned with keeping my pea-coat clean. And who knows what the leaves may hold? I remember when I was free as that young boy. But now sometimes I feel, like a motherless child. The trees have gotten more bare, and the leaves have forgotten the beauty of which they possessed as they drifted through the air. I turn around just in time to see the mother of the boy run, pick him up, and hold him in her arms. Why was I staring with eyes of contentment? She was so beautiful. Only the beautiful hue of this autumn day could even measure to her beauty. But as I walked backwards, gently staring at her; her eyes met mine just as I backed into a couple whom my back was turned. Through her eyes I could see years of pain, that would undoubtedly become the pain of the many who viewed through the eyes of the beholder. “I apologize”, I told the couple, as I bent down to pick up my pda of which I dropped in the collision. The journey to pick up the pda seemed like eons, as I reached towards the brick path that was curved with scattered paintings of my life. Her voice made me sad; as it was one before. How could she believe words of someone that she didn’t even know? After grasping my pda from its descent to many steps of hope; I looked up to see the man staring at me. And when I saw his eyes, I immediately knew who I was staring at. I couldn’t believe that I was in the presence of a man of such remarkable fame. Although his travels just have begun, he was known through his kindness, and the power of his words. This was no couple I bumped into, but merely a brother & sister, who have forgotten what family was about. But as I stood all the way up, I seen his pain; and immediately realized that he wasn’t the one who had forgotten. Confused by what I was seeing take place, I waved good-bye to the woman and her child. For forever had come, and I made the choice of happiness. Walking slowly, still confused and for some odd reason hurt by what I seen take place; I walked to the nearest park bench. I wiped the leaves onto the ground, and sat staring at the exit, which was only about 50 paces from where I was sitting. With my eyes being a little misty from my ups and downs throughout my walk in the park; I put my face in the leather Ferragamo gloves which covered my hands. And as I gazed toward the ground, I seen the leaves laying still in the shape of a heart. I know God is Love, and he is always with me. Wiping my eyes, I seen a beautiful woman sitting directly across from me on a bench similar to mine, just on the other side of the brick path. And as I looked at her; she looked at me. And we sat there staring into each others hearts, as our souls conversed about our individual but remarkable lives. A feeling rushed throughout my entire body. Where was this feeling coming from? Could she be doing something to me? Everything seemed like it was in slow motion, as our eyes kissed, and I un-regrettably left the matrix. Again the leaves looked so beautiful, as they fell to the ground like candy coated rain drops. “The park is closing”, said the park officer. I glanced at my left wrist to my Cartier wrist watch. I cant believe I have been sitting here starring at this woman for 8 hours. I walked briskly over to the woman and introduced myself. “Hello, my name is Mark. The park is closing now. So can I can call you sometime?”, I said with the confidence of Moses as he parted the Red Sea. “Here is my number. How about we meet tomorrow?”, she said. Lost in her beautiful voice, I said Yes without even knowing it. “Where would you like to go?”, she asked. And I responded, “Lets go to the Park”.

No comments:

Post a Comment